Neutral Ground Archives Assistant
Term: June 12, 2018 – August 18, 2018
1835 Scarth St. Regina, SK
Neutral Ground is a not-for-profit charitable artist-run-centre that presents contemporary visual and media art. Since 1982, Neutral Ground has supported experimental practices by connecting audiences to the work of emerging and mid-career artists. Located in downtown Regina/Treaty 4 Territory with the aim of serving the needs of its constituent arts community, Neutral Ground’s primary mission is to provide a professional venue for exhibition and presentations. Neutral Ground is committed to equitable hiring practices that reflects our diverse communities.
Summary of Position:
Reporting to the Administration Coordinator and the Programming Coordinator, the Archives Assistant will organize, document, and catalogue Neutral Ground’s archives dating back to the gallery’s founding. The employee will work toward the eventual goal of digitizing the archives, and will engage, in-depth, with Neutral Ground’s history, and the history of contemporary art in Canada.
This position is 30 hours per week for 10 weeks. Compensation is $15/hr.
The ideal candidate will:
- Be enrolled in Art History, Visual Arts, or Curatorial Studies at the university level;
- Possess a working knowledge of Microsoft Office and Adobe Suite;
- Be familiar with forms of analog documentation including film photography and video;
- Be highly organized and self-motivated;
- Have a general interest in media art, contemporary art, and contemporary art history.
You must be a student between 15 - 30 years of age, returning to full time studies in the fall. Applicants may send their Cover Letter and Resumé/CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org