Neutral Ground will be holding it's Annual General Meeting for the 2018/19 fiscal year on Thursday, November 28th, 2019 from 7 - 9pm.
This is an opportunity for members to participate in shaping Neutral Ground and to vote on important business of the organization. Topics on the agenda (below) for the AGM include the presentation of the financial statements for the last year completed (2018/19), and election of new board members.
*Please stay tuned for links to the Annual Report
**Can't make it to the meeting ? Appoint a proxy to vote on your behalf.
***Everyone is welcome to attend the AGM but please note, only current members in good standing are eligible to vote. Not sure of the status of your membership? Email Administrative Director Nic Wilson to confirm: email@example.com
ANNUAL GENERAL MEETING: DRAFT AGENDA
Neutral Ground Inc.
AGM 2018-2019, November 28, 2019
1. Call to Order
2. Approval of Agenda
3. Approval of Minutes from 2017-2018 AGM (November 22, 2018)
4. Annual Report with introduction by Chair, and Staff Report
Annual General Report
5. Presentation of Financial Statements and Auditor’s Report:
(Charles Tooke from Cogent) on 2018-2019 Review Engagement (with motion to approve)
6. Appoint Auditor
To appoint the incumbent Cogent Chartered Professional Accountants LLP as auditor/accountant of record for Neutral Ground for the 2019-2020 fiscal year.
Cogent has a long history of conducting review engagements for Neutral Ground as well as a detailed familiarity with organizational finances.
7. Nominations and Elections to the Board of Directors
(each nominee must receive a majority of votes of those present/proxied to be elected)
- call for nominations from the floor
- request to determine elections by show of hands or by ballot
- selection of vote counters
- distribution of ballots and election.
Continuing Board Members (for second year of two-year term)
- Rania Al Harthi
- Holly Aubichon
- Amber Christensen
- Risa Horowitz
- Sandee Moore
- Jaimie Williams
Nominations for two-year terms
- Cat Bluemke (nominated by Amber Christensen)
- Jonathan Caroll (nominated by Amber Christensen)
- Lillian O’Brien Davis (nominated by Risa Horowitz)
- Brian Gladwell (nominated by Sandee Moore)
Retiring or Retired Board Members
- Nic Wilson (March 25, 2019)
- Stephen McDavid (Nov 28, 2019)
- Garry Wasyliw (Nov 28, 2019)
8. Board Nomination of Honorary Member(s)
The Board unanimously nominates Roger Lee